This course aims to raise your awareness of child abuse and encourages you to take a pro-active approach to child protection. The purpose of the course is to show how you – as a childminder – can make a valuable contribution to helping protect children and young people from abuse.
The course will explore:
· Understanding Child Protection and the key guidance for all professionals.
· Understanding what child abuse is, and how to recognise the signs.
· Understand the roles and responsibilities of a childminder and of key professionals.
· What to do if a child discloses abuse to you.
· Developing a policy and reporting procedures.