Helping children to develop as confident, enthusiastic, and effective learners is central to childminding.
Skilled childminders observe all the time and use these observations to make accurate judgements about how to further support a child’s learning. Observation, assessment and planning all support children’s learning and development and this course allows the learner to consider what a child needs to play and learn in relation to stages of development.
The aims of this course are:
- To gain a better understanding of what child development is between 0-3 years and the theory behind it.
- To enable childminders to understand their role in supporting children’s (0-3 years) learning and development through experiences.
- To enable childminders to review and develop their practice in terms of child development for children aged 0-3 years.
The objectives of this course are:
- To explore how children learn and develop.
- To explore how we can aid children to learn and develop through experiences and play.
- To explore developmental delay.