Designed to support potential childminders in Scotland through every stage of the registration process and beyond. Our Childminding Induction Support Programme covers everything you need to know, when establishing your new childminding service. It consists of three modules, and works in partnership with our Strong Foundations Pack, to explore:
· Your understanding of what childminding is.
· The Care Inspectorate application process.
· The law relating to childminding, including Health and Safety.
· How to best meet the needs of children in your care.
· How to form professional relationships with parents and carers.
· The business side of childminding – everything from contracts to cashbooks.
· How SCMA can continue to support you in your new career.