The purpose of this course is to consolidate and build upon your child protection knowledge. This course is designed with childminders in mind who have previously completed child protection training and are looking for a course to enhance and refresh their learning. This course is based on guidance from the National Guidance for Child Protection in Scotland 2021 – updated 2023.
This course will cover:
- A review of prior knowledge
- The National Practice Model
- Using Chronologies
- Handling Disclosure – Policy and Procedure
- Case Studies
This course will help you to:
- Build on previous child protection training and enhance your practice further.
- Be aware of national guidance, standards & legislation that must underpin practice.
- Be aware of learning gained from significant case reviews.
- Build on existing knowledge and develop confidence in keeping children safe.
- Understand tools within the GIRFEC framework and how to use them within your setting.