Hand in Hand is a connection-based approach to parenting and working with children (see http://www.handinhandparenting.org).
At the Secret Garden we have been using the Hand in Hand approach in our work with pre-school children since 2015, and have experienced great outcomes for children, staff and parents.
Hand in Hand uses 5 simple and effective listening tools based on listening to children, which can help:
– Build better relationships with the children in your care
– Increase cooperation
– Work with separation anxiety and clinginess
– Work successfully to defuse aggressive behaviour
– Give clear guidelines for setting warm and effective limits
– Develop strategies for issues such as sharing and saying sorry.
A series of evening workshops will be facilitated by Louise Durrant, who is a certified instructor of Hand in Hand Parenting (you can read Louise’s story on the Hand in Hand website here) and is also Senior Practitioner at Secret Garden. Workshops will be for small groups, with opportunity for sharing, questions, and looking at specific situations.
Workshops are open to all, will take place at our Cupar office (KY15 5AS) and run from 1800 – 2100 on the following dates in 2019:
– Tuesday 28 February. The Connection Framework: Listening to Children’s Feelings
– Tuesday 2 April. Dealing with Aggressive Behaviour: connection, play and limits
– Tuesday 28 May. Sharing and Cooperation
– Tuesday 20 August. Working with Separation Anxiety
– Tuesday 29 October. Empowering Children through Play