This qualification provides the necessary skills and knowledge to deal with a range of emergencies involving children. On completion, candidates will be able to recognise and manage childhood medical conditions, as well as being able to provide emergency treatment until the arrival of the emergency medical services.
- Emergency Paediatric First Aid
- the roles and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- acting safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- managing an unresponsive casualty and the recovery position
- cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- minor injuries
- Managing Paediatric Illness, Injuries and Emergencies
- Injuries e.g. head, neck, eye etc.
- understanding acute medical conditions or sudden illness e.g. diabetes, epilepsy, asthma
- electric shocks
- burns and scalds
Certification: STA Certificate of Training
Course Length: 12 hours (2 days)
Maximum Participants: 12
Venue: open courses are held at our training venue in Edinburgh. For group bookings, choose the venue, date and time to suit your organisation.