This course is the first in a series of courses to support effective early years practice and will inspire you to recognise and support schematic play for our youngest children.
Practitioners will explore:
- How to use schematic play to support children’s play and learning and develop a creative curriculum
- The importance of schemas in children’s self-initiated and spontaneous play and why it should be valued and embedded in early childhood practice.
Aims of the course:
- Examine schematic play and the theories behind it
- Be able to identify a range of schemas
- Consider observations and planning to support schematic play