Develop practitioner confidence in supporting children to assess and manage risks during their everyday experiences.
Duration: Full Day
What will I learn?
- Identify own attitudes to risky play
- Describe the benefits of children accessing risks in everyday experiences
- Explore the reasons and impact of risk aversion in childhood
- Analyse the risky play categories and levels of risk children engage in
- Develop a positive approach to risk taking account or gender, levels of danger fears and environment
- Complete risk benefit assessments and describe how they can be used to support a risky play ethos with staff and parents
- Identify ways to support parents with risk experiences
- Develop new strategies for creating challenging environments to support risk taking
- Explore ways to build resilience